Cherry needs hoof boots, like yesterday. My lovely Old Mac's don't fit anymore because they were sized for her awful flared feet. Now that the flares are substantially reduced, they're far too big. Surprise surprise.
So now I am on the hunt AGAIN.
I've pretty well made up my mind, though. Barring the possibility that they simply will not fit, I'm going to buy a pair of Easyboot Edges for Cherry. Those are the ones with the caterpillar screw on them. They seem to be the best option at the moment.
I'd love to have a pair of Easyboot Gloves, but I'm not comfortable committing to a boot with such a narrow margin of fit at this stage of the game. Maybe those will come once her feet have fully transitioned.
As for extra pads, I'm on the fence about them. It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if Cherry really needs them. She's not an extreme case by any means, just tender on hard surfaces and rocks. We'll see. If she needs them, I'll buy them.
Cherry needs to move so that her feet can be healthy, but she doesn't want to move except on grass. So I'm going to put boots on her to encourage her to move. And so I can ride wherever I want instead of being limited.
On another note, I trimmed her again today. This time I did all four feet, just redoing the mustang roll and backing up her toes. She moved better after I'd finished. Not totally comfy (at least on the concrete), but better. I watched her standing around in her paddock for awhile, and was very pleased to note that for the most part she stood square and comfortably. Good sign!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment