Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
Visited my folks and a few good friends over the holidays. Cherry was well taken care of in my absence.
I did leave her hooves a litttttle too long, trimming-wise, but it's okay. I'm amazed at the change in her feet. The white line at the toe is actually looking really good! The bad news is that the whole toe is stretched forward, as evidenced by the change in angle of the hoof as viewed from the side. At least healthy hoof is growing in!
We've been dealing
Her hind hooves look pretty good though, no? Yes, that left hind is a bit swollen. It's stocked up, something we've been dealing with this winter. Her hind legs stock up unevenly, I think due to the fact that her arthritis seems to be worse in the left leg than in the right. It goes back to normal with exercise, but since the ground is frozen (read: giant frozen mud peaks that I can't even walk on normally), she isn't moving about as much. Hence the stocking up. *sigh* I can't wait to get old.

No comments:
Post a Comment