Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting Back to Normal

A little over a week ago, Cherry and I experienced an episode of choke. That was fun.

Not.

Cherry was stalled for the week so she could be fed soaked hay and pellet mush. Cherry does not like being stalled. Cherry thought she was perfectly fine and why can't I go outside dammit!

I turned her out in the turnout paddocks as much as possible, but it's still not 24/7 turnout. All these little irritating idiosyncrasies that I thought we were long rid of started popping up again. Head tossing and cross-tie nibbling. Pawing while tied and answering the calls of other horses. Fidgeting and being overly interested in every single piece of grooming equipment. Gah!

All the result of being stalled, which is why Cherry has not lived in a stall for many years. She becomes an irritating loon and unless ridden and ridden hard on a daily basis, our rides deteriorate into me trying to contain the crazy long enough to get some work done. Not good times.

Cherry went back outside today, and if all goes well there she shall remain. She was super excited to see her pasture mate, they missed each other. Awwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment