Friday, September 17, 2010

Breeches...........Are Not My Friend

I've come to the possibly somewhat premature conclusion that full seat breeches are not for me.

I've tried two pairs so far. The first one, Irideons, didn't even come close to fitting me. I swear they mislabeled an XS as an XL. I got them on alright, but they were painfully tight. Sent those suckers back!

Then I tried a pair of TuffRiders. The "full figured" version, which I ordered in tall. Tall? Ha! Tall my ass! I shudder to think what the regular ones looked like. These ones actually fit in the thigh and butt area, but the legs were soooo short! My socks barely covered the bottom. So I decided to try riding in them.

Well, first I had to get used to simply walking in them! That was a strange sensation, and I'm not sure I liked it very much. I bought them to ride in, not wander around in, so on to the riding test.

I must say that I LOVED how they felt in the saddle! Initially, anyway. Being gently "held" in place was AMAZING! I could really get used to that, which might not be a good thing. At the walk, all was well.

When we moved on to rising trot, though, things weren't so lovely. I'm used to my pants being more at one with me than my saddle, and I did not enjoy the fact that my breeches were hesitant to follow my ass as I posted. I felt like I was posting inside the breeches. Ugh! The seams also started to chafe my butt towards the end of the ride. I want to feel my horse, not my pants.

They also weren't as stretchy as I'd like them to be. Obviously the full seat material won't stretch, but the breeches themselves can! Oh well, these apparently aren't the riding pants for me.

Since I rode in them and got hair hair and dirt on them, I can't send them back. So they're going to be my spare pair of breeches or my "riding a new horse" breeches.

Ugh. Still disappointing, though. My Kerrits are still my favorite riding pants, and I'm awaiting the arrival of another pair of them. I opted for the bootcut ones this time, which have been described as actually long (gasp!) and like riding in yoga pants, which is what I would do if they didn't wear out so damn fast. Fingers crossed that these fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment