
Today's ride started out awful. The scary corner of the arena was extra super scary, and most definitely several demons lurked there waiting to devour us. Surely. Then there was the scary horse-eating patches of light. You know, little patches of light that shine through the holes in the arena roof. They were EVIL and had NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE OMG!
Well, I suppose they were new, but still. Seriously? It's sunlight. Even worse than the light patches? When the light patches DISAPPEARED! They were going to attack and EAT us! Actually, Cherry's shadow fell across the sunbeam. But we almost died, for serious.
Slow progress around the arena was made, with much snorting, shying, and cursing (that was me). Being the moron that I am, I decided to leave the relatively safe confines of the arena and venture outside.
Outside was pretty damn scary too. The roundpen, that has been there, like, forever, was naturally plotting our doom, as was the pile of scrap wood, which also has been there forever. You'd think that if either of those things were going to kill us, they would have done so already and our bones would be scattered on the ground, slowly bleaching in the sun. Oh no, today was different, today we were surely going to become tasty dinner for the hoards of Killer Quail and Arena Demons that lurked in the shadows.
I am proud to admit that I didn't get scared! Cherry was a complete twit, spooking at everything and rolling her eyes at grass blowing in the wind. But I didn't freak out, I didn't dismount, and we actually had a pretty damn good ride! I am now celebrating with a glass of wine. *yum*

No comments:
Post a Comment