A friend of mine and fellow boarder moved her horse today. I knew she was leaving, but I didn't expect her to be gone so soon. Oh well. I'll miss her, and her horse. It's always sad when a friend leaves the barn, but I'm no stranger to that.
The first, and by far the worst experience was the first time. When Kate left GPS with her TB mare. We were trail buddies, and she was my best friend at the barn. I missed her so much. I like to think Cherry missed our trail rides together, but I'll never really know. We were such good friends, I suppose we still are, but I haven't seen her for ages. We managed to meet up and ride between our barns, which was awesome and super fun.
Back to the present, this girl and I really got along. We had very similar outlook on horse training and what was right and wrong in the world of horses. Enjoyed riding with her, talking, laughing. Someone I don't want to lose touch with.
I went to the barn today to find her horse gone and the pasture empty. *sigh* I was sad. I'm always sad when a friend leaves the barn. It seems to happen often to me. Being the last one there, the last one to leave.........
Anyway, I saddled up my horse and rode. At least she can't leave. That's the one constant in my life. I decided to put Cherry's rhythm beads on, I thought the jingle bells might cheer me up.
And I was right! I love the jingle bells. They bring me joy, and I'd probably wear them myself if people wouldn't look at me funny. By the end of the ride I was laughing and not so sad anymore.
I'm still sad about my friend being gone, but I know I can deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment