
I got my new girth! And it smells like goat. No joke. I opened the box and was like, "WTF is that smell?! Oh geez, it's the girth!" I supposed I shouldn't be surprised. It is 100% mohair, and mohair comes from goats. Just wasn't expecting to get a whiff of that.
Needless to say, the cat was thrilled and spent several minutes huffing the heady scent of goat BO. I guess that's how you know it's authentic!
Yesterday I trimmed Cherry, and today I'm soooooooooooooooore. There aren't enough o's to express how sore I am. My buns and thighs are sore from holding up her damn feet, my arms are sore from rasping, and my sides and abs are sore from who knows what. Just being alive, I guess. Sitting on anything hard, including the toilet seat and my saddle, just reminds me of how much I freaking hurt. If I had a bathtub that wasn't made for midgets, I'd have a soak, but since approximately 1/3 of me fits in the tub and submerged in water at any given time, I'm going to pass on that.
Oh, my finger hurts too from where I hacked it with the hoof knife. You know, before I got smart and put on my gloves. I'm such an idiot sometimes.
Today's ride did not help my soreness. Cherry thought it would be awesome to lug on my arms. Greaaaaaaaaat. They don't already hurt enough, please lean your gigantic head on them! Let me carry you, it's no trouble at all! You only weigh a goddam ton. Freaking horse.
The good news is that she's not sore at all from yesterday's adventures, and really wanted to careen around the field at Mach 10 after she warmed up and quit lugging on me. With her head in the air of course. Why not? After all, if I'm sore and tired I can't really make her work properly. Wheeee!!!!!!! And of course Energizer Pony just wanted to keep going and going and going and going.........
Ha! That reminds me. Cherry's nickname used to be the Energizer Bunny.Because she just keeps going. Forever. She'd be all tired out on the trail, we'd walk and rest for like, 5 minutes and then she'd be ready to go again! Now she needs to rest for more like 15 to 20 minutes, but it's still nigh on impossible to tire her out.
Damn Arabs. Gotta love 'em, though! Now if only I could get me some of that, we'd be in good shape.

No comments:
Post a Comment