Monday, September 13, 2010

Gonna Buy Some Tack......... With My Invisible Magical Money......

Well, not quite so invisible, but not as plentiful as I want it to be. Ha! Don't we all wish we had more money for buying tack! Or just more money in general.

I've made a couple decisions about what I'm going to buy. One is more tentative than the other. I KNOW that I'm going to buy a new girth. The one I've got feels cheap, looks cheap, and in fact was cheap. Less than $20. The buckles are cheap looking and the material feels a bit rough and gross. Turns out you get what you pay for, strangely enough.

So I'm going to trade in the cheap as hell "mohair" string girth for a real mohair string girth. Which costs approximately four times as much. *sigh* At least the ends won't be glued together and I'll know that it's actually made of mohair.

The other tack purchase I'm still a tad hesitant about. I'm going to get (another) saddle pad. Well, saddle blanket to be accurate. Isn't it pretty?!

It's a Mayatex wool double blanket. Folded over, it's the right size, something I CANNOT find in English pads for the life of me. And, of course, western blankets come in so many fun colors and patterns!

English pads come in white. And black. And white. And some more white. Occasionally navy blue or green is thrown in there to jazz it up a bit. *yawn*

I really like my other Mayatex blanket, but the single thickness just isn't cutting it for me. It fits better when I fold the edge over a bit, but I don't like the line this creates. Hence the double length blanket.

My only sadness is that it doesn't come in teal *sniff* But it does come in this lovely pattern, which I think will look awesome on Cherry.

The sage-y green won't clash with my teal stuff, and won't look hideous on my horse. But it's still sage-y green and not teal. Which brings me to a whole 'nother issue.......

OMG I need to find reins to match the saddle pad!!!!!!!!!! The girth is the same color as the light portion of the pad, so now I need reins to match too!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!!!

How superficial am I? Very, it appears. But I have few pleasures in life, and coordinating tack is one of them. Scratch that, I have many pleasures in life, but matching tack still ranks pretty high on that list.

Now I just need to figure out how to make all that invisible magical money I have become real money that tack stores will accept.............

No comments:

Post a Comment